Hi, can you release the linux version ?
Desktopia: A Desktop Village Simulator
A downloadable game for Windows and Linux
Being created for #NoFreeGameJam
At it's core, Desktopia is a city-builder which simulates an evolving and complex, medieval-esque village along the bottom of your desktop, allowing you to work, watch, or browse something else at the same time.
Like any city-builder, you get to make the big decisions, but you can also take control of your own character to join in the battles, harvest resources, or interact with your villagers. In Desktopia, you can be as active, or as idle, as you want!
Before You Buy:
This game was not created in a studio, but by three friends looking to make something different, fun, and useful: We think we've done that and we love Desktopia. We want anyone who plays it to love it too. With that in mind: you should be aware this is not a AAA game, like the amazing ANNO series (which you should definitely check out) with thousands of hours of content, nor does it have the beautiful graphics of Cities Skylines (we love that game). If you're looking for something fun you can do while watching a series, browsing the internet, or writing that essay, then Desktopia might be for you!
- A completely original approach in PC gaming: designed with functionality in mind, Desktopia allows you to use your PC for multiple purposes on a single monitor.
- Clever UI: with resizeable pop-out windows which can be arranged anywhere on your screen.
- A playable character which levels with your village, so you can jump into the action whenever you want.
- Detailed logs and statistics arrayed in beautiful charts and graphs.
- Spy Mode: focus the camera on any villager, any time, and watch as they live their life.
- From nothing: grow a series of villages along a dangerous and treacherous road: from a single house to a bustling metropolis.
- Construct 48 (and counting) facilities (inns, libraries, post offices, temples, blacksmiths etc) and watch villagers move in independently.
- Keep your villagers happy to collect gratitude, and use it to host festivals which bedeck your village in bunting!
- Recruit and upgrade soldiers to defend your village from undead, bandits, fairies, and demons. Join them in battle if that's your thing!
- Hire heroes to lead the charge against your foes and destroy their strongholds.
- Decide on building low-tech villages with few needs, or risk it big by aiming for high-tech villages with needy villagers.
- Quirky villagers each with their own set of needs and personalities.
- Increasingly dangerous attacks and enemies as your village grows.
- Villager moods driven by weather, village events, and personal ones.
- Criminal villagers, driven by low moods, that steal or commit arson.
- Dangerous fires which kill villagers and destroy buildings: lit by enemies, criminals, or accidentally.
- Huntable animals and monsters.
- Bosses that stand in the way of you moving down the road, and heroes to counter them.
- Serfs that upgrade to become nobles, or even industrialists.
- Being made for the 'No Free Game Jam' and following all three themes:
- Tiny World - Yes!
- Control is Limited - Limited, but at the users choice!
- One tool , many uses - A desktop PC with a single monitor can generally only be used for a single purpose. Desktopia takes inspiration from desktoys of the past to create a game that can be played while streaming, browsing, or working!
We are a team of three. Artist, coder, and writer (who all like to dabble in everything) We've been working on Evergloom for over 2 years now, and are in the final stages (the last 10% that's 90% of the work), so we've decided to take a little break and use our established team to try something different!
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $9.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- Festivals and Gratitude99 days ago
- Moody Villagers; Needy Villagers.Jun 18, 2022
- Charts, Graphs, and ProgressJun 11, 2022
- FIRE! and the trouble it's caused...Jun 07, 2022
- Villager EvolutionJun 05, 2022
- Ideas on User InterfaceJun 03, 2022
- Pathfinding and Logging!May 24, 2022
- Creating a VillageMay 21, 2022
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Hi, can you release the linux version ?
Yes... I just need a day to get the files in order. Sorry!
It kind of reminds me of "Kingsway" except the other way around.
can you release the village background as an asset or tiles?